Tuesday 12 June 2012

"Do you think because you are more virtuous that there shall be no more cakes and Ale?" (Twelfth Night)


MMMM....there's nothing more that I love than cake or a good dessert after a hard days work. So for this first post it's quite fitting that I have this MasterChef tart of goodness that got all the judges "frothing" literally and metaphorically- Audra's Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Port Jelly. I made this for my Yr 7 class as practice for Naplan persuasive writing, minus the port of course! 
The aim was for them to persuade me to give them a piece- I had them at chocolate! And the paragraphs flowed.
It was a hit. I mean chocolate is always a winner and the textures of the crunch of the pastry, the gooey ganache, squish of the raspberry and soft jelly created a rich dessert, not for the 'faint hearted.'
 I recommend you try this tart- it looks effective and tastes delicious. And to those who are being healthy- you don't know what you are missing out on!


  
Pastry
  • 225g plain flour
  • Pinch salt
  • 2 tablespoons icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 140g unsalted cold butter, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons iced water
Ganache filling
  • 500g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
  • 200g unsalted butter, chopped
Cherry port Jelly
  • 375ml cherry port or I used Raspberry Juice
  • 2 tablespoons caster sugar
  • 5 leaves gelatine (gold strength)
Raspberry puree
  • 125g raspberries (squished or frozen is fine)
  • 1 tablespoons icing sugar
  • 1 teaspoon corn syrup or glucose
Cream

3 comments: