Saturday 23 June 2012

I'll give this ark a miss

Redbull consumption = 0  Food blog= 1   Weight= the same  Marking= 0  Exercise= none :(

This girl can eat. This girl loves to eat. So the food journey once again led us to the doorstep of Nobby's Arc beach bar cafe, which just popped up two weeks ago at Nobby's beach.

 It's name is exactly what you will receive. Think  pizzas (we had the pork belly), chicken souvlaki skewers, meatballs with yoghurt dressing, pork belly and haloumi- it's DUDE food! You're not going to get fancy schmancy meals here, just unpretentious home cooking. No surprise that there were so many groups of men sharing a meal together and a few drinks (great spot if you're single). Coming in two by two perhaps?
The wide variety of beers may have had something to do with this as the range is quite broad (Coopers range, Burleigh local beers, Boutiques such as Stone n Wood), as well as their wines, as they even having matching Pizza wines.
It was a food mecca for those wanting simple flavoured, easy comfort food with some acoustic music playing in the background, without the hefty price tag. A funky casual spot that would be good for a Sunday session to relax with friends and share some food and beverages!

Staff were extremely friendly and prompt. No shortage of waitresses around or smiles. We were surrounded by candles, though the lighting was so low it was hard to read the menu at times and I'm not sure I like sitting my curves on a small metallic stool. It's a "pubby" feel so it is quite loud at times with people at the bar and large groups seated. Yet, it's close to home and flexible with its options, though I still feel it's trying to grasp its identity and figure out where it is heading. It's a little mis matched for me. Yet it seems to be quite popular already with the boys, the young and the baby boomers.
Sitting in the dark at the back of the restaurant!

Not my cup of tea! This girl likes lots of flavour and pretty dishes in a nice romantic surrounding. I mean if I'm going to go out I don't want to eat what I can make at home!

Go check it out and let me know what you think!

GC food authority signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment